Windmill shot from the Kanyakumari Express

// January 14th, 2010 // Photography

Windmill

Standing at the door of a moving train, one leg braced against the doorframe, the other on the steps, camera strap choking my neck. What surprised me about this picture was that I wasn’t even looking in the viewfinder. I was more concerned about keeping my head from being knocked off by an electricity pole!

33 Responses to “Windmill shot from the Kanyakumari Express”

1. Lavi says:

Very well taken.. Awesome

2. IndianPundit says:

Wow…..thats awesome yaar.

Super.

i saw these Windmills while going to Kanyakumari but during the day time.

Cheers

3. Spectacular shot, indeed, especially with the awesome sun setting in the background and the element of risk on the moving train, Renie!!! :)

But, I would, personally, never approve of such unwanted risk to be taken for anything in today’s age of disaster. After all, I’m sure, there are safer ways to do things, if enough time is devoted.

More so for you as we all need you hale & hearty and fit as a fiddle at Indiblogger, Buddy! Hence, plz avoid such uncalled-for risks, henceforth, and do take care! Cheers! :)

4. Spectacular shot, indeed, especially with the awesome sun setting in the background and the element of risk on the moving train, Renie!!! :)

SHRINATH VASHISHTHA
    Port Blair.
    Andaman & Nicobar Islands (India).

5. … And Wish you & your family a very Happy Pongal…!!! :)

6. magiceye says:

brilliant result for your effort!!

7. Renie Ravin says:

Thanks for the comments everyone! These windmills are always a fantastic sight.

Shrinath, thanks for the concern, I have no intention of going anywhere just yet. Happy Pongal to you too! :-)

8. Tarun says:

What a view…What a picture…..did you touched the picture a little

9. Magali Vaz says:

Truly beautiful! And you didn’t even look into the viewfinder. If my mom ever found out I did something like that & lived, she would probably kill me :D
    Be careful, but keep taking such beautiful pictures!

10. Wonderful piece of work!

11. hitesh says:

hmmm wonderful,

so the 10% of the day is as good as the 80% of it….\,,/

12. Hari says:

Nice shot. Your description of the shot reminded me of Indiana Jones and his adventures :) I hope you don’t take many such risks in future. As a new blogger I am dependent on Indiblogger for some volume :)

13. Vipul Grover says:

Hey, a cool snap thr rennie.. bt as shrinath says ur life is js too precious 4 all of us.. see our selfish motives ;)

14. Naveen Roy says:

Nice shot Renie!!

But you seriously be more careful Renie – watch out for those electric poles – if you don’t lose your liver first – :)

15. Hey there,

Thanks for adding me to your IndiBlogger network.

Nice shot here. I always find it annoying when those HT wires get in the way of a picture perfect shot, but you have made it look as if it is part of the landscape. I am simply blown away.

Do visit my blog sometime.

Cheers!

-Vittal

16. And, it is an honour to be part of your network. Thanks a million.

17. Kcalpesh says:

Kudos, more than the photo to the way you clicked the photo.. but be careful… life is delicate…

18. deepa says:

Mr.Nagercovil..great shot…asathalla erukku…

19. Renie Ravin says:

Thanks for the comments everyone – and yes, I’ll try to stay safe for IndiBlogger at least! :-)

20. Ram says:

Brilliant shot Renie. Well captured from a moving train.
    If you don’t remember me, then I am the guy with the Olympus DSLR in the Chennai meet.

Ram

21. Neha says:

if your 5% time in photography results in this; then I would love to see the result after another % or two :D

excellent one..

22. Whoaa…….i so love the colours on this one!!!!! :)

23. Nandhini says:

Couldn’t take my eyes off!

24. Hi Renie! Unbelievably beautiful shot. But this way of catching the photo frm the train is not at all good. i really don’t like this.

25. pramod says:

somethings are result of breathtaking passion. Moment captured with the risk of loosing the head gives it a new dimension.
    This is one art greater than a painter as one has to master the clicks
    he cannot add any color as per liking.
    excellent.

26. priya says:

amazing shot….u are a pro!

27. Anukriti says:

Whoa!!!! Wat a breathtaking pic!

28. Jayanthi says:

WoW Fantastic view amazing !!!

29. Anukriti says:

I just can’t stop myself from falling in love with your pictures! You have an awesome sense of photography!This picture gives me the feeling of hope… It makes me feel positive… thanks a ton! :)

30. abhi says:

‘awesome’ will be an understatement to describe this pic. super awesome !

31. Wow..Just going through your blog only today and I am very happy to see a person who was brought up in Nagercoil is the founder of the great IndiBlogger. Even though I am from Tirunelveli, I feel very proud of you since you have been grown up in the nearby city. As soon as I saw the word KK Express in which I used to travel a lot, I was interested to know where you are from. Great going and wish you all the best for more success.

32. This is awesome! :) Doesn’t look like it’s shot from a running train!!!